So here we go -
Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. Oil Analyst
2. Think Tanker (well research assistant to real Think Tankers)
4. McDonalds employee (scary scary!)
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Pride & Predjudice
2. Love Actually
3. Burnt by the Sun
4. Roman Holiday
Four places I have lived:
1. Somerville, MA
2. Washington, DC
3. Ithaca, NY
4. New Brunswick, NJ
Four TV shows I love to watch:
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Desperate Housewives
4. CSI (Vegas or Miami, not NY)
Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
2. Cape Cod
3. Myrtle Beach, SC
4. Durango, CO
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Greek salad
2. Lobster roll
3. Chocolate souffle
4. Chicken Korma
Four websites I visit daily:
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. on the beach
2. The Ithaca Farmers Market
3. The Mandarin Oriental Spa in Miami
4. backpacking through Europe
Anyone left who wants to play go ahead and consider yourself tagged :)
My poor languishing, so neglected blog. I am dusting it off b/c ChemMom
tagged me. And it of course took me almost two weeks to find that out, because as well as neglecting my own blog I have neglected to read any of my friend's blogs in ages as well. Apologies all around to all the neglected ones. Now on with the tag b/c it is almost time for Desperate Housewives (though I am not even sure if it is new or not tonight...hmmm).
Five Wierd Habits I Have:
1) When I am nervous, I start signing (as in sign language). It can start out with just the alphabet, or I may start signing everything I am saying or thinking. But not with the actual signs, I spell everything out. Most people probably think I am just fidgeting, but I am actually signing. I learned sign language in junior high b/c a classmate was deaf and I have been doing this ever since.
2) Before I can leave my house I have a triangle I check - the stove, the coffepot and the toaster. And I have to say "off, off, off." Actually I don't have to say this anymore b/c my baby O says it for me. I got this terrible compulsion from my mother, who got it from her father, and now I have passed it on to my son. Lovely.
3) I don't pick my own nose, but I pick both of my kids' noses. I can not stand to see a booger just sitting there. Ew.
4) If bargain shopping is a weird habit, than I qualify. Though I think it is almost an addiction. I have a circuit of thrift shops I hit on a semi-regular basis. If I haven't been to one in awhile I start to crave it.
5) Before I can go to sleep at night I have to check both of my sons, make sure they are breathing and in a position that will not cause them to suffocate with a sudden movement. Then I have to check that all of the exterior doors are locked. Then and only then can I go to sleep.
And yes, if you have read my list you are probably thinking I have some obsessive compulsive tendancies. You would be right. I tend to drive my husband a bit nuts at times, but that is only because he is the anti-me and does not need to check anything, ever!
Ok, gotta go see if Desperate Housewives is indeed new tonight. It's actually good to be back on the blog. Thanks Chemmom :)
Oh and I guess I should tag a few people, though Kelley mentioned that everyone has already been tagged. I guess that is what I get for snoozing. But I will give a shout out to Qustilton
and Rambling Words